Wednesday 22 May 2013

From Ontario with Love!

I am so excited to share my most recent news!  I'll be collaborating with Tourism Ontario,
who selected 10 makers whose work celebrates Canada and Ontario. 

This June, Toronto will be hosting the Travel Blogger Exchange (TBEX). http://tbexcon.com/canada/.

A thousand bloggers, tweeters, writers and photographers from around the world will be in Toronto to share Ontario’s story through social media. Every year, cities across North America compete for the chance to host this event, and Toronto is the winning city for 2013!

Anyone who knows Toronto well, knows that it is a city of neighbourhoods, with distinct characteristics and flavour...  http://www.blogto.com/neighbourhoods/ They're all very, very different and intimate once you live there for a while, and the best way to explore the neighbourhoods is to seek out the food that the neighbourhoods are known for.  Its hard to believe that Toronto is the 4th largest city in North America, following LA after recently surpassing Chicago by growth.  Yikes, the city has grown a lot in the 12 years I've lived here, mostly the condo explosion in the downtown area and that density is the biggest change.

I hope everyone gets a chance to explore some of my favorites, Parkdale, Roncesvalles, Toronto Island, The Junction and High Park.  I also hope that some of the visitors get an oppourtunity to explore outside of the city....the Bruce Peninsula is one area in particular I would suggest...it is spectacular!  http://www.pc.gc.ca/eng/pn-np/on/bruce/index.aspx

My pieces will be gifted and sent on adventures around the world, sharing a bit of my Canadiana love!


Image: Ontario Travel.
 



Roncesvalles. The Local Pub and the Revue Cinema.



Sean Magee

Image: Wayne Newton.

1 comment:

  1. Great post! We can't wait to share your work with TBEX-ers :)

    ReplyDelete